Eat Dessert First!
What is a celebration without a fabulous display of gorgeous and delicious sweet treats? I've been planning, preparing, and serving up fabulous dessert tables for over 2 decades and I am often asked to host a class on how to make that happen. Join us next week July 15th & 16th for our Christmas in July Celebration to get a taste of the season, and read on to get a primer on how I make that all come together.
Tips for Creating an Unforgettable Holiday Mini Dessert Table
- Include an odd number of dessert varieties (3, 5, 7, 9) Depending on the size of your occasion
- Have a variety of textures (creamy, cake, crunchy)
- Have a variety of flavors (chocolate, vanilla, fruit)
- Include at least one fresh fruit dessert
- Garnish beautifully
- Serve in easy to handle containers (shot glasses, paper liners, mini plates, etc.
- Display at a variety of levels
- Have a uniform theme for your display that coordinates with the event theme.
- Label your dessert items on the display table
- Include make aheads in your menu
I'll be sharing the secrets that make creating fabulous holiday dessert displays fun, easy & delicious. I'll also be giving out recipes and resources and Janet's cheats. (ie. Where I get my fresh edible flowers for garnishing) Make sure to check back for a schedule on when our variety of mini talks will take place.
See you next week!